Loulou’s Music Together® Health Policy and COVID-19
For the safety of our families and the community, we have sadly decided to stop all Music Together classes for the next 3 weeks. Spring Session is postponed and hopefully, we'll resume classes in April. We are also stopping all Ukulele lessons for 3 weeks.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in our community. Until the situation is resolved, we will continue to defer to the CDC and other health professionals on how best to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
As you know, this is a rapidly changing situation, and we have started planning for future scenarios in case it becomes necessary to delay classes beyond early April. We will keep you updated and informed as the situation continues to unfold. In the meantime, we have revised our health policy using guidance from the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs. pdf) about best practices to prevent the spread of all germs and ensure your continued health and well-being.
We ask for your help in keeping all the members of our musical community healthy by following these protocols. Our classes may have immune-compromised individuals (including pregnant women) who may be more susceptible to viral respiratory infections, including influenza and COVID-19, so your vigilance and adherence to this health policy is extremely important. Our teachers reserve the right to send a family home from class if they feel these sickness protocols are not being followed.
Classroom Cleaning Protocols
• All instruments that were distributed will be disinfected between classes and the end of the day with hospital-grade sanitizing disinfectant.
• Classroom surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
• Some instruments and props may be taken out of circulation.
• Alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available for use during class.
Family Health Protocols
• We ask that all adults and children wash their hands before and after class for at least 20 seconds. (Sing the “Hello Song” to all the members of your family: that'll be at least 20 seconds!) Please arrive a few minutes early to allow time for this.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow. (Practice this with our chant, "I'm freezing, I'm freezing . . . sneezing . . . Achoo! Achoo!”) Afterward, wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
• Fist-bump or wave instead of shaking hands or hugging.
• If you or your child is sick, please stay home until you are fully recovered. If you or your child has had a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 24 hours (without the assistance of fever-reducing medication) before returning to class.
• If you or your child becomes ill with something contagious after you were in class, please contact us immediately.
Schedule a Makeup!
We have a generous, unlimited makeup policy, so please keep that in mind. If circumstances warrant more flexibility, we will allow families to carry over makeups to next semester.
Contact Director Louise-Marie Mennier, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your questions about this health policy or our plans for responding to COVID-19.
Let’s keep the music playing!