This is the essential Music Together mixed age class, one that a child can attend from birth to age five—and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Each semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every fall, winter and spring.
- New CDs each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Beautifully illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home.
- Parent education resources and online resources
- Music Together app for iphone or android
- PURE FUN with your child every week!
Music Together Babies
Every child’s development benefits from early exposure to music and movement. Because the early months are so important, Music Together offers two options for babies ages eight months and younger. Babies are always welcome to attend a Mixed Ages Class, whether registered on their own or attending free with an older brother or sister.
Parents with infants may also register for the special “Babies Class,” which is offered as a one-semester introduction to Music Together, after which babies will attend mixed-age classes. The music activities and materials are specially designed for parents who want to learn about music development in babies. You'll learn how to support music development in infancy and how to connect with your baby through music using methods such as "purposeful touch," "sound-layering," "dancing for baby," etc. Meet other parents of newborns and learn some fascinating music activities you can recreate at home with your baby.
PS. We've based the 12:30 time to suit napping and baby schedules.
Ukulele - Private
Private lessons are 30 minutes long. We also offer 50-minute private classes for ages 6 & older. Learn to strum and sing-along to favorite songs while also learning basic music theory and ensemble skills.
Contact the Director for scheduling and availability or to discuss which option is best for your child. Class is created and the start date is set after initial meeting or trial lesson.
Music Together Outside
The Music Together you know and love but socially distanced classes in the fresh air! Class size is limited to 7 families
*Each family will receive an illustrated Songbook, CD & download code at the first class. Includes unlimited online make-up classes, parent education and online content.
Social distancing (and social distance-SING!) will be practiced throughout the class.The only thing we'll share is our love for making music together! Families should bring a big blanket to sit on. Each blanket will help provide a clear visual boundary for social distancing while we sing, dance, and jam together-- but at least 10 feet apart. Each family may bring their own instruments to class (eggs, sticks, scarves) or use a pre-sanitized set during class. Any instruments provided by your teacher during class will be individually distributed and thoroughly disinfected before and after use in class.
- Masks should be worn by adults and children over the age of two when within 6 feet of others. Masks must be worn when arriving/departing class.
- There will be no in-person make-up or bonus classes. If your family has to miss an outdoor class, you can make-ups and even attend unlimited drop-in classes on Zoom.
- Outside classes are closed to families not enrolled in the class. Make-ups and drop-ins will not be allowed in outside classes.
- Outside classes are held on a weather-permitting basis. In cases of a weather cancellation, an email will be sent to families. We'll add an extra class to the end of the session for every canceled day (*up to 4 weeks). In addition, all Zoom links will be shared with families if they choose to join us online at any of our regularly scheduled zoom classes.